Nine men stand on a frozen Merrimack River on Newburyport's waterfront in a photo from winter of 1897. The building is the former Philadelphia & Reading Coal and Iron Co. storage building, which stood on what today is the eastern end of the central boardwalk, near the Harbormaster building. Such river freezes were not uncommon a century ago, but no longer occur.
- Lantigua's girlfriend sues Rivera, seeking reinstatement to a city job
- NH man accused of stealing almost $1M in computer parts
- Suspended officer attends funeral in uniform
- Detective suffers serious hand injury while making drug arrest
- Mass, NH attorneys general warn Market Basket on labor laws