Veteran David J. Eddy, 42, spent four tours of duty in the Middle East -- two in Afghanistan and two in Iraq -- serving his country. Now he'd like to serve the community by becoming a firefighter in Methuen. However, he's older than the state age limit for new firefighters, so the City Council approved a home rule petition to allow Eddy to get on the reserve list.
- Haverhill looks for 3-month ban on pot centers
- N.H. trails Mass. in economic recovery
- Man admits to using deceased's credit card
- TOP HEAVY U As tuition soars, colleges add more administrators than students or faculty
- UMass Lowell, Salem State dispute federal figures