MARY SCHWALM/Staff photo Kids participating in the Lawrence Recreation Summer program wave from The Barge before heading out for a ride on the Merrimack River in Lawrence. The stable boat, refurbished last year, seats 30, attains speed over 20 mph, and is designed to take children who aren’t great swimmers out on the water.
- Easton Street fire leaves nine people homeless; several firefighters suffer heat exhaustion
- Police: Man tried to shoot clerk, but gun malfunctioned
- City officer back after suspension
- Mount Washington closes Salem campus
- $260K more coming to city from man's estate