John Hugo, left, stands with his father, Bob, in Andover Bookstore, which has received a $1,000 grant from best-selling author James Patterson, who is doling out $1 million to independent booksellers across the country to emphasize their value and help them stay afloat.
- Lawrence man critical after Water Country wave pool rescue
- Market Basket managers say they'll quit unless Arthur T. returns
- County attorney hopeful hasn't voted since 2008
- MBTA officer charged in Salem, Methuen pursuits
- Neighbors still unconvinced on new dorms