Frederick Jenkins, center, a Korean War veteran from Iowa, poses for a photograph at the National World War II Memorial yesterday in Washington. Veterans who had traveled from across the country were allowed to visit the memorial after it had been officially closed because of the shutdown.
- Protesters, shoppers hunker down for the duration
- Market Basket feud hits local farms hard
- Market Basket shoppers look for food elsewhere
- Bittersweet retirement: Andover's Abbey Bridal to close doors after 35 years of weddings
- PHOTO SLIDE SHOW: The Great Nor'Easter