From left, Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., President Barack Obama, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nev., Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., meet in the Oval Office of the White House yesterday in Washington. The federal government remains partially shut down and faces a first-ever default between Oct. 17 and the end of the month.
- Protesters, shoppers hunker down for the duration
- Market Basket feud hits local farms hard
- Market Basket shoppers look for food elsewhere
- Bittersweet retirement: Andover's Abbey Bridal to close doors after 35 years of weddings
- PHOTO SLIDE SHOW: The Great Nor'Easter