In this photo made available by the competition organizers, six contestants sit on ice blocks for the annual ice pole-sitting contest in Vilhelmina, Northern Sweden, Friday. Braving temperatures down to -18 F (-28 C), the contestants are only allowed to come down for a 10-minute toilet break once every two hours, during their 48-hour ordeal.
- Lawrence man critical after Water Country wave pool rescue
- Market Basket managers say they'll quit unless Arthur T. returns
- County attorney hopeful hasn't voted since 2008
- MBTA officer charged in Salem, Methuen pursuits
- Neighbors still unconvinced on new dorms