Ron Gilson, a 79-year-old life Gloucester native, walks along the fish pier in Gloucester. In Gilson's life he's worked throughout the fishing industry from working on the wharf in his youth to a historian on Gloucester in his later life. In May, a massive reduction is coming to the catch limit for cod caught in the Gulf of Maine, just outside Gloucester Harbor, and the cuts are acknowledged by fishermen, regulators and environmentalists to be devastating, and perhaps fatal, for the historic industry.
- Lawrence man critical after Water Country wave pool rescue
- Market Basket managers say they'll quit unless Arthur T. returns
- County attorney hopeful hasn't voted since 2008
- MBTA officer charged in Salem, Methuen pursuits
- Neighbors still unconvinced on new dorms