Pope Benedict XVI acknowledges the applause at the end of the Ash Wednesday Mass in St. Peter's Basilica at the Vatican, Wednesday. Pope Benedict XVI told thousands of faithful Wednesday that he was resigning for "the good of the church," an extraordinary scene of a pope explaining himself to his flock that unfolded in his first appearance since the announcement.
- Protesters, shoppers hunker down for the duration
- Market Basket feud hits local farms hard
- Market Basket shoppers look for food elsewhere
- Bittersweet retirement: Andover's Abbey Bridal to close doors after 35 years of weddings
- PHOTO SLIDE SHOW: The Great Nor'Easter