A man examines a row of washers and dryers while shopping at a Sears store in Henderson, Nev. U.S. companies increased their orders for long-lasting manufactured goods in November, with a second consecutive monthly gain in a key category that reflects businesses' investment plans. The Commerce Department reported yesterday, that orders for durable goods rose a seasonally adjusted 0.7 percent in November, compared to October, when orders had risen 1.1 percent.
- Lawrence man critical after Water Country wave pool rescue
- Market Basket managers say they'll quit unless Arthur T. returns
- County attorney hopeful hasn't voted since 2008
- MBTA officer charged in Salem, Methuen pursuits
- Neighbors still unconvinced on new dorms