A man examines a row of washers and dryers while shopping at a Sears store in Henderson, Nev. U.S. companies increased their orders for long-lasting manufactured goods in November, with a second consecutive monthly gain in a key category that reflects businesses' investment plans. The Commerce Department reported yesterday, that orders for durable goods rose a seasonally adjusted 0.7 percent in November, compared to October, when orders had risen 1.1 percent.
- 10 new police officers to hit city's streets
- City makes offer to former health department director
- Firefighters treated in hazmat incident, homes in Lawrence, Andover evacuated
- Parking changes coming to city
- Police seek tougher penalty for smoking pot in public