In this March 7, 2012 file photo taken in Springfield, Ill., members of the pro-gun group Guns Save Life rally at the Illinois State Capitol. The divide between those who favor gun control and those who don't has existed for decades, separating America into hostile camps of conservative vs. liberal, rural vs. urban. As the nation responds to the massacre of 20 children and six adults in Newtown, Conn., the gulf has rarely felt wider than now.
- U.S. Attorney, GLCAC settle allegations
- Man nabbed for shooting arrows at neighbor blames dog for gun, maid for crack pipe
- Police: Local man raped teen as friend videotaped act
- Distraught jewelry thief asks police to shoot him
- Man sentenced in Salem voyeurism case