Gary Burton, distribution foreman for the Haverhill Water Department, shows part of a pipe that will be sent out for crush testing from a Boardman Street water main break on Sunday. The test, on the circa 1930's pipe, will help forcast projected failures.
- Easton Street fire leaves nine people homeless; several firefighters suffer heat exhaustion
- Police: Man tried to shoot clerk, but gun malfunctioned
- City officer back after suspension
- Mount Washington closes Salem campus
- $260K more coming to city from man's estate