In this file photo, two guns lie at the scene where five people were shot and two suspects were taken into custody in a shooting incident that happened along the Mardi Gras parade route in New Orleans. States with the most gun control laws have the fewest gun-related deaths, according to a study published yesterday in the medical journal JAMA Internal Medicine. The study suggests sheer quantity of measures might make a difference. States with the fewest laws and most deaths included Louisiana, Alaska, Kentucky and Oklahoma.
- Easton Street fire leaves nine people homeless; several firefighters suffer heat exhaustion
- Police: Man tried to shoot clerk, but gun malfunctioned
- City officer back after suspension
- Mount Washington closes Salem campus
- $260K more coming to city from man's estate