Opportunity Works Inc., recently broke ground on a new educational building in Haverhill to serve adults with disabilities. Taking part in the ceremony were, from left, John Guerin, capital campaign director; Diane Fasulo, parent and advocate; Jason Lacroix, project manager; Denise Johnson from Congresswoman Niki Tsongas' office; state Rep. Linda Dean Campbell; state Sen. Kathleen O'Connor Ives; Janice Morse, president and CEO of the Newburyport Five Cents Savings Bank; Michael Jones, president and CEO of the Institution for Savings; Jane Harris-Fale, Opportunity Works executive director; Lucien Lacroix, Opportunity Works building chairman; Mayor James Fiorentini; Al Wencl, Opportunity Works board president; Richard Goulet of Northern Essex Community College; William Fallon, president of BWK Construction; and Nicole Martineau of TMS Architects.
- 10 new police officers to hit city's streets
- City makes offer to former health department director
- Firefighters treated in hazmat incident, homes in Lawrence, Andover evacuated
- Parking changes coming to city
- Police seek tougher penalty for smoking pot in public