Spc. Robert Rockwood of the Massachusetts National Guard's 181st Engineering Company (Vertical) lets his son, Camden, 3 reach for his cap while holding his eight-month-old son Connor for the first time as his unit returns home from Afghanistan after 10 months on duty. Family members greeted around 60 soldiers during a welcome home ceremony at the Methuen Armory on Lowell Street just after midnight Thursday morning.
- Lawrence water main breaks, closing parts of Canal street
- Longtime Plaistow police chief dies
- 'White supremacist' arraigned in abuse of step-daughters
- Fire erupts early this morning at closed St. Anne Church in Lawrence
- $260K more coming to city from man's estate