A woman cheers as she waits Wednesday for the arrival of Pope Francis to the St. Francis of Assisi of the Providence of God Hospital, where the Franciscans look after alcohol and drug addicts, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. During his stop at the hospital, Francis was expected to stick with the theme of faith and sacrifice that he spoke about earlier in his homily during Mass in Aparecida. The pontiff urged Catholics to resist the "ephemeral idols" of money, power and pleasure.
- Protesters, shoppers hunker down for the duration
- Market Basket feud hits local farms hard
- Market Basket shoppers look for food elsewhere
- Bittersweet retirement: Andover's Abbey Bridal to close doors after 35 years of weddings
- PHOTO SLIDE SHOW: The Great Nor'Easter