In this 2011 photo, Carol Gay, of Brick, N.J., holds a sign saying "Tax the Rich," as several groups protested in Washington. Taxes are at the center of every major budget fight gripping Washington. Democrats and Republicans simply do not agree on whether taxpayers should be asked to shell out more in order to reduce government borrowing.
- Protesters, shoppers hunker down for the duration
- Market Basket feud hits local farms hard
- Market Basket shoppers look for food elsewhere
- Bittersweet retirement: Andover's Abbey Bridal to close doors after 35 years of weddings
- PHOTO SLIDE SHOW: The Great Nor'Easter