Truckloads of stone, left, have been deposited on the beach south of Plum Island Center to prevent further danger and damage to homes that have survived recent storms. Newly placed sand, right, covers the large stones which were put down over the past month along Plum Island beach.
- Lawrence man critical after Water Country wave pool rescue
- Market Basket managers say they'll quit unless Arthur T. returns
- County attorney hopeful hasn't voted since 2008
- MBTA officer charged in Salem, Methuen pursuits
- Neighbors still unconvinced on new dorms