A section of a petition filled by 20 African slaves asking for their freedom more than 200 years ago is seen at the New Hampshire state Archives recently in Concord, N.H. New Hampshire lawmakers are considering a bill that would posthumously grant the request of African slaves who petitioned for their freedom during the Revolutionary War.
- Blaze on Folger Avenue in Beverly ‘like a lumberyard on fire’
- 10 new police officers to hit city's streets
- City makes offer to former health department director
- Firefighters treated in hazmat incident, homes in Lawrence, Andover evacuated
- Parking changes coming to city