A nun reacts after white smoke billowed from the chimney on the Sistine Chapel indicating that a new pope has been elected in St. Peter's Square at the Vatican yesterday. Argentine Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio, who chose the name of Pope Francis, is the 266th pontiff of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Haverhill looks for 3-month ban on pot centers
- N.H. trails Mass. in economic recovery
- Man admits to using deceased's credit card
- TOP HEAVY U As tuition soars, colleges add more administrators than students or faculty
- UMass Lowell, Salem State dispute federal figures