This April 14, 2011 file photo shows Erskine Bowles, right, Alan Simpson, co-chairmen of the president's deficit reduction commission, talking to reporters outside the White House after their meeting with President Barack Obama. The election may be over, but a new campaign is being waged in the nation's capital as lobbyists, advocates and trade groups fight to shape the government's response to the looming fiscal cliff. It's a twist on the usual lobbying effort: Instead of digging for more tax dollars, they're trying to protect what they've got.
- Andover church moving services to arts center to accommodate holiday crowds
- Fast-changing weather is one of '603 Reasons' N.H. is special
- Police arrest 11 on drug charges, including major heroin dealer
- Bail set at $50K for Rollins School lockdown suspect
- Body found in Sterling may be that of Jeremiah Oliver