In this Sept. 11, 2012 file photo, students walk in the hallways as they enter the lunch line of the cafeteria at Draper Middle School in Rotterdam, N.Y. School for thousands of public school students is about to get quite a bit longer. Five states, including New York, will add at least 300 hours of learning time to the calendar in some schools starting in 2013.
- Haverhill looks for 3-month ban on pot centers
- N.H. trails Mass. in economic recovery
- Man admits to using deceased's credit card
- TOP HEAVY U As tuition soars, colleges add more administrators than students or faculty
- UMass Lowell, Salem State dispute federal figures