In this Sept. 11, 2012 file photo, students walk in the hallways as they enter the lunch line of the cafeteria at Draper Middle School in Rotterdam, N.Y. School for thousands of public school students is about to get quite a bit longer. Five states, including New York, will add at least 300 hours of learning time to the calendar in some schools starting in 2013.
- Lawrence man critical after Water Country wave pool rescue
- Market Basket managers say they'll quit unless Arthur T. returns
- County attorney hopeful hasn't voted since 2008
- MBTA officer charged in Salem, Methuen pursuits
- Neighbors still unconvinced on new dorms