A Haverhill School Department handicap van bringing special needs children to Pentucket Lake Elementary School was hit from behind by an Audi sedan while stopped in traffic yesterday morning on Main Street near the intersection of 6th Avenue. School transportation officials said four children who were in the van were not injured but were taken to Merrimack Valley Hospital as a precaution. The bus driver and bus monitor were unharmed, school officials said.
- Easton Street fire leaves nine people homeless; several firefighters suffer heat exhaustion
- Police: Man tried to shoot clerk, but gun malfunctioned
- City officer back after suspension
- Mount Washington closes Salem campus
- $260K more coming to city from man's estate