Volunteer Jane Turner found a metal pistol while helping in a cleanup of the Merrimack River in Haverhill. Thinking it might be real and loaded, she handed it over to Rocky Morrison, president of Clean River Project, who notified police of the find. It turned out to be a CO2 powered BB gun.
- Lawrence man critical after Water Country wave pool rescue
- Market Basket managers say they'll quit unless Arthur T. returns
- County attorney hopeful hasn't voted since 2008
- MBTA officer charged in Salem, Methuen pursuits
- Neighbors still unconvinced on new dorms