White House travel office director Ashley Tate-Gilmore stands near a row of rocking chairs at the entrance to the Vineyard Square Hotel, in Edgartown, Mass., on the island of Martha's Vineyard. A large entourage of staff and press travel with President Barack Obama wherever he goes, even on an island getaway to Martha's Vineyard.
- Easton Street fire leaves nine people homeless; several firefighters suffer heat exhaustion
- Police: Man tried to shoot clerk, but gun malfunctioned
- City officer back after suspension
- Mount Washington closes Salem campus
- $260K more coming to city from man's estate