Allison Hawkes, 19, is recovering from a fourth bout with cancer, and the first bone cancer, just after she graduated from high school, delaying her start to college by a year. Hawkes, a freshman at Wheelock College in Boston, will receive the Cam Neely Award for Courage in March.
- Easton Street fire leaves nine people homeless; several firefighters suffer heat exhaustion
- Police: Man tried to shoot clerk, but gun malfunctioned
- City officer back after suspension
- Mount Washington closes Salem campus
- $260K more coming to city from man's estate