This photo provided by 6abc Action News shows the Inlet section of Atlantic City, N.J., as Hurricane Sandy makes it approach yesterday. Sandy made landfall at 8 p.m. near Atlantic City, which was already mostly under water and saw a piece of its world-famous Boardwalk washed away earlier in the day.
- Easton Street fire leaves nine people homeless; several firefighters suffer heat exhaustion
- Pregnant woman arraigned for allegedly dealing heroin
- Haverhill police search for would-be armed robber
- College closes Salem, Nashua campuses
- Salem seeks to stop illegal campaigning