A statue of former Treasury Secretary Albert Gallatin stands outside the Treasury Building in Washington. A sea of red ink is confronting the nation and presidents to come. The budget deficit â€" the shortfall created when the government spends more in a given year than it collects in taxes and fees â€" is on track to top $1 trillion for the fourth straight year.
- Lantigua's girlfriend sues Rivera, seeking reinstatement to a city job
- NH man accused of stealing almost $1M in computer parts
- Suspended officer attends funeral in uniform
- Detective suffers serious hand injury while making drug arrest
- Mass, NH attorneys general warn Market Basket on labor laws