The Job Corps has opened an office in the ValleyWorks Career Center at 439 South Union St., Lawrence. It is a vocational training center offering career technical training in advanced manufacturing, automotive, and construction. The students also receive academic training , including basic reading and math, GED attainment, college preparatory courses, and limited English proficiency courses. Melanie Mericle is the admission counselor for the Lowell and Lawrence area and will have an office at the ValleyWorks site where potential participants can apply. Once accepted they will attend the program in Devens. The education and job training program is aimed for 16 to 24 years old. To find out more, contact Mericle at 978-501-7378 or send her an email at email@example.com.
- Lantigua's girlfriend sues Rivera, seeking reinstatement to a city job
- NH man accused of stealing almost $1M in computer parts
- Suspended officer attends funeral in uniform
- Detective suffers serious hand injury while making drug arrest
- Mass, NH attorneys general warn Market Basket on labor laws