In mid-January, the state hired Superintendent/Receiver Jeffrey C. Riley to run the Lawrence school system and manage its finances, working at the behest of state Elementary and Secondary Education Commissioner Mitchell Chester.
- U.S. Attorney, GLCAC settle allegations
- Man nabbed for shooting arrows at neighbor blames dog for gun, maid for crack pipe
- Police: Local man raped teen as friend videotaped act
- Distraught jewelry thief asks police to shoot him
- Man sentenced in Salem voyeurism case