A burnt out car still smolders in Belfast after loyalists protesters clashed with police as they protested against new restrictions on flying the Union flag, Saturday Dec. 8, 2012. A major security operation is under way to suppress trouble breaking out in front of City Hall. Eight police officers were injured and more than a dozen people arrested during overnight clashes between loyalists and riot police.
- Easton Street fire leaves nine people homeless; several firefighters suffer heat exhaustion
- Police: Man tried to shoot clerk, but gun malfunctioned
- City officer back after suspension
- Mount Washington closes Salem campus
- $260K more coming to city from man's estate