This photo taken Jan 12. 2013 at an undisclosed conservancy in South Africa shows an orphaned baby rhino in a pen. The 2-month-old calf was hacked with axes and machetes by poachers and left for dead when she tried to return to her mother who was being dehorned. Veterinarians are racing to learn more about rhino anatomy so they can swiftly treat survivors of attacks by poachers whose arsenal has included assault rifles, high-caliber weapons that can fell a rhino with a single shot and drug-tipped darts that knock it out.
- Andover church moving services to arts center to accommodate holiday crowds
- Fast-changing weather is one of '603 Reasons' N.H. is special
- Police arrest 11 on drug charges, including major heroin dealer
- Bail set at $50K for Rollins School lockdown suspect
- Body found in Sterling may be that of Jeremiah Oliver