Jay Jackson, left, Auxiliary Chief of Police in Lawrence, swears in three auxiliary policemen, Capt. Jorge Tejera, left, Lt. Tomas Santiago middle, and Sgt. Jose Luis Montas, at a promotion ceremony in Dec. 2010 while Mayor William Lantigua looks on. Lawrence police Chief John Romero ordered an internal investigation into the promotions after several auxiliary officers objected that the three men had been elevated to higher ranks ahead of officers with longer service.
- U.S. Attorney, GLCAC settle allegations
- Man nabbed for shooting arrows at neighbor blames dog for gun, maid for crack pipe
- Police: Local man raped teen as friend videotaped act
- Distraught jewelry thief asks police to shoot him
- Man sentenced in Salem voyeurism case