Jay Jackson, left, Auxiliary Chief of Police in Lawrence, swears in three auxiliary policemen, Capt. Jorge Tejera, left, Lt. Tomas Santiago middle, and Sgt. Jose Luis Montas, at a promotion ceremony in Dec. 2010 while Mayor William Lantigua looks on. Lawrence police Chief John Romero ordered an internal investigation into the promotions after several auxiliary officers objected that the three men had been elevated to higher ranks ahead of officers with longer service.
- Lawrence man critical after Water Country wave pool rescue
- Market Basket managers say they'll quit unless Arthur T. returns
- County attorney hopeful hasn't voted since 2008
- MBTA officer charged in Salem, Methuen pursuits
- Neighbors still unconvinced on new dorms