With Congress coming back after Labor Day, House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio is on a short leash, with members of his caucus yanking in different directions. More than a third of them -- 80 members -- sent House GOP leaders a letter urging Boehner and Majority Leader Eric Cantor to "de-fund" the president's health care law, which could trigger a government shutdown this fall. That's something GOP leaders in the House and Senate want to avoid, fearing a political backlash.
- Andover church moving services to arts center to accommodate holiday crowds
- Fast-changing weather is one of '603 Reasons' N.H. is special
- Police arrest 11 on drug charges, including major heroin dealer
- Bail set at $50K for Rollins School lockdown suspect
- Body found in Sterling may be that of Jeremiah Oliver