An Advent wreath. Traditionally, one candle is lit on each of the four Sundays before Christmas.
Column: Inequality crisis shot with factual problems, hypocrisy
I keep reading and hearing, as various media outlets desperately try to keep us interested in a presidential election more than two years away, that the major issue that will drive us all to the polls is -- wait for it -- inequality. Really. With theContinued ...
Column: Palin descends into caricature
Sarah Palin has finally lost it. In an essay on Breitbart.com, Palin demands the impeachment of President Barack Obama. Her piece starts off loopy and devolves from there. "Enough is enough of the years of abuse from this president," she begins. "HisContinued ...
Hobby Lobby critics push specious privacy pitch
Privacy is on the public mind a lot these days, which would be a good thing if the focus weren't so pitifully narrow. In the wake of the Supreme Court's decision allowing closely held companies like Hobby Lobby to decline to cover certain types of coContinued ...
- The World Cup is worth a four-year wait
- Coulter, not soccer, to blame for country's moral decay
- Friday, July 11, 2014
- Column: Decisions to make your head spin
- Sunday, February 23, 2014
- Column: Mayor Rivera may just be the good man Lawrence needs
- Benefits of hiking minimum wage are an illusion
- Column: President Obama is not invited to this birthday party
- Column: Immigrant entrepreneurship is a strength of Gateway Cities
- Monday, December 10, 2012
- Column: Sandy not the global warming bombshell some claim
- Column: Hectic 'Holidays' drown quiet season of Advent
- Saturday, December 8, 2012
- A 'tough' kid's road from school yard to prison yard
- Column: Rupert Murdoch, Big Brother and press freedom
- If it's not a recession, then what is it?
- Friday, December 7, 2012
- Column: Islamology 101 — few in U.S. would pass course
- Wednesday, December 5, 2012
- Letter: Administration eyes your retirement fund to avert 'fiscal cliff'
- Monday, December 3, 2012
- Column: Why I'm rooting for Fighting Irish
- Saturday, November 17, 2012
- Column: Oliver Stone whitewashes Stalin's brutality
- Column: There’s hope yet for Republicans if they make the right moves
- Column: U.S. should consider following the Swedish path
- Column: Give Obama what he asks for on taxing ‘millionaires’
- Friday, November 16, 2012
- Column: We are suffering a national crisis of character
- Thursday, November 15, 2012
- Column: Obama website provides showcase for angry citizens
- Wednesday, November 14, 2012
- Column: Congress has chance to end year on high note
- Monday, November 12, 2012
- Column: Bring statesmanship back to government
- Sunday, November 11, 2012
- Column: Expect more fights over speech
- Column: Spirit of compromise is there somewhere
- Saturday, November 10, 2012
- Column: Best way to honor veterans is to remember what they did
- Column: Time for bewildered Republicans to reassess their strategy
- Column: Inequality crisis shot with factual problems, hypocrisy