Whether you fly once a week for work or once a year for a vacation, you can bet that all areas of your trip are being monitored by smart phones. While it isn't hard to find an app with your flight info, some apps make the process of flying a lot simpler.
An app for the frequent flyer, FlightTrack 5 monitors thousands of airports, airline and also gets delay information from the Federal Aviation Administration.
If you're connected to in-flight WiFi, you can watch your plane's progress while you're in the air.
When you're back on the ground, the app also has airport terminal maps.
FlightTrack 5 is available for $4.99 from Apple or Android stores.
If you're not the one flying, there's an app for you too.
JustLanded condenses arrival times and gate information into just what you need to pick someone up after their flight. The app even pulls local traffic information telling you when you need to leave for the airport.
JustLanded is available from the Apple store for $1.99.
Lots of apps manager your flight times, but GateGuru aims to also manage your time on land.
Check the weather for where you're landing, confirm terminal and gate information, check out which restaurants will be nearby when you land and even arrange a rental car using the app.
GateGuru is available for free from Apple and Android stores.
America’s sleep-deprived cities
Americans might run on sleep, but those living in the country's largest cities don't appear to run on much.Continued ...
Who should pay for your kids ACT?
Thirteen states paid for 11th-grade students in all public high schools to take the ACT college admission test this year, with several more planning to join them in 2015.Continued ...
Why do people look like their pets?
As much as we might quibble over the virtues and vices of Canis domesticus, however, and over whether human nature is any better or worse than dog nature, even dog fanciers don't usually want to look like a dog.Continued ...
- Ice bucket challenge trending up
- Africa goes medieval in its fight against Ebola
- Democrat? Republican? There's an app for that
- Friday, August 15, 2014
- Five myths about presidential vacations
- Thursday, August 14, 2014
- Can 6 seconds launch a career? A generation of Vine stars sure hopes so.
- 8 crucial tips for college freshmen
- A night in Ferguson
- Wednesday, August 13, 2014
- The scales of injustice: Weight loss differs between men, women
- Williams among many who cracked jokes while fighting depression
- Drug dealers going corporate
- Tuesday, August 12, 2014
- Why the Ferguson police-shooting riots had little to do with Ferguson
- VIDEO: Stars react to Robin Williams' death
- Most Republican House districts are majority-white
- Monday, August 11, 2014
- Job market tilting toward workers
- The benefit of World War I omission on the Washington Mall
- In Japan, ramen aficionados worry their favorite dish is coming off the boil
- Friday, August 8, 2014
- Mother, grandparents face attempted murder charges in starvation case
- Welcome to Wal-Mart, the doctor will see you now
- Tobacco foes urge oversight of luxury cigars in e-cigarette rule
- How rural poverty is changing: Your fate is increasingly tied to your town
- Thursday, August 7, 2014
- Tattletales turn to Twitter to shame water wasters
- The joy of being a single male
- Break the college cartel
- Wednesday, August 6, 2014
- Your brain helps you judge a face before you even see it
- For some, pregnancy is heavy-duty work
- VIDEO: Katy Perry song soothes fussy baby
- Tuesday, August 5, 2014
- 'Baconholics' undeterred by 30-year high pork prices
- America’s sleep-deprived cities