From missing chicken nuggets to problems with math, there are some strange reasons people call 911. Here's a list of the most bizarre.
A Florida woman calls 911 three times to complain that her local McDonald's is out of chicken nuggets. (March 2009)
Burger King complaint
A woman calls 911 after she is unable to get the hamburger she wants at Burger King.
Locked in car
A woman in Kissimmee, FL, calls 911 claiming to be locked inside her car. (March 2009)
A Connecticut man calls 911 to ask how much trouble he could get into for growing marijuana. (February 2011)
Out of cigarettes
A woman in Texas calls 911 asking for cigarettes. (February 2013)
A four-year-old girl calls 911 asking for help with her math.
Ride to liquor store
A man in Florida calls 911 requesting a ride to the liquor store.
Drunk driver report
A Wisconsin woman calls to turn in a drunk driver--herself. (October 2009)
VIDEO: Two dead at SXSW after car hits crowd
A suspected drunken driver fleeing police crashed through barricades at the South By Southwest festival in Austin, slamming into a crowd outside a nightclub and killing a man and woman on a moped early Thursday, police said.Continued ...
VIDEO: Wild car chase in Denver
Denver police apprehended a man who led them on a wild chase in three different stolen cars Wednesday after a four-year-old boy was reportedly kidnapped from a gas stationContinued ...
Missing Malaysian jetliner confuses a world that's online 24/7
The disappearance five days ago of a Malaysian Airline Systems Bhd. aircraft with 239 people on board is confounding search teams and a global audience used to around-the-clock connectivity and real-time updates.Continued ...
- Which foods are the worst for the environment?
- Old Spice attracting women in gender-bending win for P&G
- VIDEO: Aftermath of NYC building collapse
- VIDEO: Double leads to runaway stroller at spring training game
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014
- If you were a crustacean, would you feel pain?
- How virus sleuths and public health officials track the cause of a mysterious illness
- First Apple, now Google hit with kids' app lawsuit
- VIDEO: First month of Colorado pot legalization brought in $2M in tax revenue
- VIDEO: NHL game postponed after player collapses
- VIDEO: Family rescued from ferocious feline
- Monday, March 10, 2014
- In this tech age, how can a plane go missing?
- VIDEO: Skydiver, pilot treated after midair collision
- Researchers tackle mystery of how some snakes can fly
- Holder: Heroin deaths an 'urgent and growing public health crisis'
- Friday, March 7, 2014
- Most deadly fraternity scraps initiation for new members
- VIDEO: Michigan woman's death, mummified body hidden by auto-pay for six years
- VIDEO: Chrysler orders community college to crush rare Dodge Viper
- VIDEO: Penguin sweaters save birds trapped in oil spills
- Thursday, March 6, 2014
- VIDEO: Kentucky AG holds back tears, announces he won't defend marriage ban
- Staples to close 225 stores as online competition hurts sales
- 2 in Indiana sickened after eating contaminated Skittles
- VIDEO: A panoramic view from atop One World Trade Center
- 5 memorable college hoops tourney buzzer beaters
- What you need to know about subtle office bullying
- Wednesday, March 5, 2014
- Lilly's diabetes drug rejected by FDA
- Target seeks new technology head after data breach
- Facebook cracking down on illegal gun sales planned on site
- VIDEO: Two dead at SXSW after car hits crowd