From missing chicken nuggets to problems with math, there are some strange reasons people call 911. Here's a list of the most bizarre.
A Florida woman calls 911 three times to complain that her local McDonald's is out of chicken nuggets. (March 2009)
Burger King complaint
A woman calls 911 after she is unable to get the hamburger she wants at Burger King.
Locked in car
A woman in Kissimmee, FL, calls 911 claiming to be locked inside her car. (March 2009)
A Connecticut man calls 911 to ask how much trouble he could get into for growing marijuana. (February 2011)
Out of cigarettes
A woman in Texas calls 911 asking for cigarettes. (February 2013)
A four-year-old girl calls 911 asking for help with her math.
Ride to liquor store
A man in Florida calls 911 requesting a ride to the liquor store.
Drunk driver report
A Wisconsin woman calls to turn in a drunk driver--herself. (October 2009)
Most deadly fraternity scraps initiation for new members
Sigma Alpha Epsilon, one of the largest U.S. fraternities and the deadliest, said Friday it will ban the initiation of recruits, citing the toll that hazing has taken on its newest members.Continued ...
VIDEO: Michigan woman's death, mummified body hidden by auto-pay for six years
The mummified body of a Michigan woman was discovered in the backseat of her car approximately six years after her death. The body was only found after the bank that foreclosed on the home ordered work on the property.Continued ...
VIDEO: Chrysler orders community college to crush rare Dodge Viper
Students at a community college in Washington are fighting to save a rare Dodge Viper given to them by the Chrysler Corporation. The company now says it must be destroyed for legal reasons.Continued ...
- VIDEO: Penguin sweaters save birds trapped in oil spills
- VIDEO: Kentucky AG holds back tears, announces he won't defend marriage ban
- Staples to close 225 stores as online competition hurts sales
- 2 in Indiana sickened after eating contaminated Skittles
- VIDEO: A panoramic view from atop One World Trade Center
- 5 memorable college hoops tourney buzzer beaters
- What you need to know about subtle office bullying
- Wednesday, March 5, 2014
- Lilly's diabetes drug rejected by FDA
- Target seeks new technology head after data breach
- Facebook cracking down on illegal gun sales planned on site
- Avenger an American value
- VIDEO: Mother, children rescued from van in ocean
- Frigid U.S. weather means highest power prices since '08
- Tuesday, March 4, 2014
- VIDEO: Will the NFL move the extra point to 42 yards?
- Study says too much protein could lead to early death
- Do flu shots cause runny noses?
- VIDEO: New Jersey teen sues parents for tuition
- Winter stifles pollen, but other pests can make allergies worse now
- VIDEO: New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast unveiled
- Monday, March 3, 2014
- VIDEO: Museum removes Corvettes from sinkhole
- VIDEO: Apple iPhone to become more car-friendly
- Polar vortex may prove to be a powerful pesticide
- VIDEO: Best moments from the 2014 Oscars
- Friday, February 28, 2014
- The glitz, the glamour and the movies: 3 apps for Oscar weekend
- Five things you should know about the Netflix-Comcast deal
- VIDEO: A look inside a Cuban cigar factory
- Thursday, February 27, 2014
- VIDEO: NASA discovers 'mother lode' of alien planets
- Most deadly fraternity scraps initiation for new members