TV and radio stations out of Fargo, North Dakota are reporting that a local woman will not hand out candy to children she believes are 'moderately obese.' Instead she plans to give those kids a letter to take home to their parents which claims it is "irresponsible" to let them trick or treat.
Human trafficking battled by text message
A few months ago, a worker monitoring a hotline for the Polaris Project, a nonprofit group dedicated to combating human trafficking, received a text message from an 18-year-old woman in distress.Continued ...
Should Detroit sell its priceless art to pay the bills?
A federal judge ruled Dec. 3 that Detroit met the conditions for Chapter 9 bankruptcy. Now a question that's been simmering for months is coming to a boil: Should the Detroit Institute of Arts - one of the country's finest art museums and perhaps the city's greatest cultural asset - sell some or all of its collection to satisfy creditors?Continued ...
Cargazing: Ford Fiesta ST is fast, fun, affordable
High-performance cars often come with high price tags, but the Ford Fiesta ST is proof that the two don’t have to be mutually exclusive.Continued ...
- Colleges brings liberal arts education into prisons
- VIDEO: Napping man wakes alone, forgotten by airplane crew
- Saturday, December 7, 2013
- Young newlyweds charged with Craigslist murder
- Friday, December 6, 2013
- VIDEO: Plane tries to land sideways
- 7 great holiday stories for season's readings
- VIDEO: World reacts to death of Mandela
- VIDEO: Wedding crashed by Ironman, Batman, knights and more
- A 67-year-old caroling tradition
- South Africans mourn Nelson Mandela's death
- Thursday, December 5, 2013
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Washington woman unknowingly live-tweets husband's death
- VIDEO: Gun control ad recounts Newtown shooting
- VIDEO: The world's worst 'selfie' snaps
- VIDEO: Journalism school honors Ron Burgundy
- VIDEO: Snow, ice aim for nation's frozen midsection
- VIDEO: Millions of social media credentials hacked
- Wednesday, December 4, 2013
- Texas wants background checks for health-care navigators
- How to care for a cut Christmas tree
- Are fake eggs the future?
- VIDEO: Young artist focuses on gun violence through art
- Cyber Monday sales reach record as shoppers snub stores for Web
- Making edible cookie containers: Gingerbread Stockings
- Police: Woman calls 911 for a push around mall
- Tuesday, December 3, 2013
- House passes extension of ban on plastic guns as NRA remains mum
- Freedom is more likely to stimulate potential geniuses than gifted programs
- Study says women shouldn't be the only ones responsible for making healthy babies
- Bionic arms allow double amputee to do everyday tasks
- Human trafficking battled by text message