- Friday, April 4, 2014
Long-term unemployed are still strong hires, study shows
People who have been out of work for an extended period, once hired, tend to be just as productive on the job as those with more typical work histories, according to an analysis of almost 20,000 employees.Continued ...
- Thursday, April 3, 2014
Comic books and race in America go hand in hand
Comic books haven't always been a place where African-Americans can find characters they relate to. Black comic characters ranged from being barely noticeable and featuring blatantly disrespectful instances, to receiving lessened moments of racism from decade to decade.Continued ...
Investing more money in tornado research would be a disaster
This week, the U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill that would require National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration funding to focus on improving forecasts of "high impact weather events" like tornadoes and hurricanes "for the protection of life and property and the enhancement of the national economy."Continued ...
- Cutting the cord on cable TV, and not missing it a bit
- 92-year-old fan bleeds UK Wildcats blue
- Wednesday, April 2, 2014
- VIDEO: X-Ray released of tree trimmer with chainsaw embedded in neck
- Former McDonald's store managers say they withheld employees' wages
- Amazon introduces Fire TV to challenge Apple in living rooms
- Hate With Friends, the fun new Facebook tool
- VIDEO: Nolan Ryan's wild first pitch
- VIDEO: Angels hitting coach suffers bizarre leg injury
- Tuesday, April 1, 2014
- For April Fools' Day: A sampling of scientific hoaxes over the centuries
- Sibling says Dexter drama motivated sister's 'lie' of mass murder
- Starbucks retools pastry menu after customer complaints
- VIDEO: Pepperoni, extra cheese and...pot?
- Legendary? Breaking down the HIMYM finale on social media
- Ranking the Supreme Court's heavy hitters
- Monday, March 31, 2014
- How improv comedy skills became a must-have for entrepreneurs
- VIDEO: Two-Legged boxer pup's first trip to beach goes viral
- Wall Street suicides related to demographics, not work
- Fact Checker: 'Birth control' for something other than family planning?
- Saturday, March 29, 2014
- No shows escaped death by Craigslist killer
- Friday, March 28, 2014
- Do animals have a sense of humor?
- Divorce is on the rise, and it's the baby boomers' fault
- VIDEO: Firefighters sing song from 'Frozen' to calm girl stuck in elevator
- Thursday, March 27, 2014
- The logic of Facebook's multibillion-dollar shopping spree
- VIDEO: Would-be carjacker stymied by stick shift
- Census: U.S. has fewest births since 1998
- Mudslide region deals with 'mind-numbing' disaster
- Wednesday, March 26, 2014
- NLRB ruling: Northwestern players can unionize