Lawrence City Council President Frank Moran easily defeated lobbyist Kevin Cuff in the 17 Essex House District. Cuff carried the sections of the district in his hometown of Andover by nearly 1,200 votes, but Moran buried him in the Lawrence and Methuen sections of the district, according to unofficial returns. Moran's win returns the seat to the Democrats. It was represented for one term by Republican Paul Adams, who gave it up to make an unsuccessful run for the state Senate.
Obama powers to re-election despite weak economy
A jubilant President Barack Obama walked onto a stage in Chicago early today with his wife and two daughters and told raucous supporters the nation is not as divided as politics suggest and that he will work over the next four years to bring the "famContinued ...
Warren knocks out Brown to become new Mass senator
Elizabeth Warren, the Harvard law professor and architect of the consumer watchdog agency set up by the Obama administration after the meltdown on Wall Street, was elected to the Senate yesterday, winning a hard-fought victory against Republican Sen.Continued ...
Tierney edges out victory over Tisei
A razor-thin margin gave Congressman John Tierney, D-Salem, Mass., the edge over Republican rival Richard Tisei in the 6th Congressional race -- and Tierney has Libertarian Daniel Fishman to thank for it. Tierney took the district with 179,603 votesContinued ...
O'Connor Ives wins senate seat
HAVERHILL - Newburyport Democrat Kathleen O'Connor Ives won the state senate seat for the First Essex District with a convincing win over Republican Shaun Toohey of Haverhill, and independents James Kelcourse of Amesbury and Paul Magliocchetti of HavContinued ...
Tsongas wins over Golnik for Congress
U.S. Rep. Niki Tsongas won big in Methuen, Haverhill and Andover while cruising to victory over Republican challenger Jon Golnik yesterday in the 3rd Congressional District race. Tsongas, D-Lowell, earned a new two-year term as the Merrimack Valley'sContinued ...
- Lyons dashes L'Italien's comeback
- Voters OK medical marijuana
- Iannuccillo is the new Register of Deeds
- Moran slams Cuff in 17th Essex House District
- GOP's Mirra takes Stanley's rep seat
- Crush of voters result in long waits, traffic jams, headaches
- Adams fails to unseat Finegold
- DiZoglio wins 14th Essex District
- Tierney-Tisei race too close to call
- Devers holds on to Lawrence rep seat
- Reports: Obama wins reelection over Romney
- O'Connor Ives wins state Senate seat
- Congress: Tsongas declares victory over Golnik
- Finegold wins re-election to state Senate
- Obama powers to re-election despite weak economy