An up-close civics lesson
METHUEN -- The high school will host a debate between the two candidates for the 14th Essex House seat Wednesday that school officials intend to be a live-and-up-close civics lesson. Methuen Democrat Diana DiZoglio and North Andover Republican KarinContinued ...
Candidates for legislature clash over issues at breakfast
ANDOVER -- Clashing candidates highlighted the menu at the Service Club of Andover breakfast yesterday morning. "I'm not a go-along, get-along person," state Rep. James Lyons, R-Andover, said. "When you want to change things, you ruffle feathers." "IContinued ...
Many laughs at GOP pre-debate rally
NORTH ANDOVER - An hour and a half before Vice President Joseph Biden and Congressman Paul Ryan squared off before a national audience, local Republicans flocked to the China Blossom Restaurant to support their candidates. The NAGOP (North Andover GOContinued ...
Hopefuls spar in Methuen
METHUEN -- The four candidates for the First Essex Senate District seat differentiated themselves on a wide range of issues at a debate here last night. Similar to recent debates in Haverhill and Newburyport, questions about taxes, the economy and joContinued ...
Tempers flare at debate
DANVERS -- If "spirited" could describe last night's debate between John Tierney, Richard Tisei and Daniel Fishman, then "tame" may as well be the adjective used to describe the 6th Congressional District race to this point. Last night was raucous.Continued ...
- Tierney, Tisei camps spar over Boehner fundraiser
- Tierney, Tisei join tonight in second debate
- League of Women Voters plans candidates night
- Candidates share similar views on sales, income taxes
- Zanni to run for second term
- Tierney, Tisei: Where they stand on the issues
- Foes get feisty
- Tierney or Tisei? 2 independent polls differ widely
- Brown, Warren face off in debate
- Battle between Independent, Democrat heating up in 17th Essex
- Blank votes may show path of race
- Ryan calls for help in close N.H. race
- Who does the newly-drawn 3rd District favor?
- Rivals spar in 1st debate
- Chris Christie rallies GOP to back Lamontagne
- An up-close civics lesson