MARY SCHWALM/Staff photo. Utility crews work to restore power after a big oak tree took down the lines along Haverhill Street/Route 133 in Andover.
Paltinavich found not guilty of child rape
SALEM, Mass. -- After about four hours of deliberation, a jury found Heather Paltinavich of Haverhill not guilty of two counts of statutory rape yesterday in Essex County Superior Court in Salem. Immediately after the jury announced its decision, PalContinued ...
Bond rating upgrade will save money
HAVERHILL -- A key Wall Street financial agency has raised Haverhill's bond rating by two notches to its highest level in history, an upgrade the mayor said will save the city $400,000 in future interest payments on the proposed new school in BradforContinued ...
Vehicle homicide charged in May fatality
When a vehicle struck and killed a 29-year-old Salem man in a Gloucester parking lot in May after a heated argument between the driver and the victim, police interviewed the man who had allegedly been behind the wheel, then let him walk when the DA'sContinued ...
- Christmas concert at Methuen's Memorial Music Hall
- Haverhill OKs money for school budget overrun
- Boy, 13, testifies about alleged rapes by woman, 20
- Haverhill police log
- Learn 'How to Get Your News Into the Newspaper'
- Monday, December 2, 2013
- Trial begins for woman accused of raping boy, 12
- City Council seeks status of landfill cap
- Police searching for suspect in bank robbery
- Developer asks to postpone vote on housing plan
- BREAKING: Haverhill bank robbed
- Sunday, December 1, 2013
- Autism Speaks donates iPad to CLASS
- Rehab of vacant building proposed
- Saturday, November 30, 2013
- Mayor: Worst of old fire trucks to be replaced
- Thursday, November 28, 2013
- Influx of state funds lifts aid for community preservation projects
- Haverhill police log
- North Salem Church to host craft fair Dec. 7
- Haverhill deli named 'Best in America'
- Wednesday, November 27, 2013
- Mass. House advances 17-year-old voter bill
- Donate blood in Danville next week
- Fiorentini: 'Painful cuts' will be needed
- Tuesday, November 26, 2013
- City cracks down on club
- Santa parade raffle winners announced
- Family singing group plans Christmas concert
- Stadium wins $400K for repairs
- Police have leads in case of robberwho fired gun
- Monday, November 25, 2013
- Interfaith Choir to perform Dec. 7
- City probes violence at private club
- Paltinavich found not guilty of child rape