A statement from the school said only essential personnel are to report today as scheduled. For more information, go to www.uml.edu.
Answering a wake-up call
MERRIMAC -- Keith Harris will spend his summer in a much different way than other people. He won't be visiting the beach or hanging out at backyard barbecues. He'll be spending much of it alone -- and he's grateful for that. On June 7, Harris, 49, wiContinued ...
Whittier's Birthplace featured in paintings, photos
HAVERHILL -- Artist Mark Reusch, who is caretaker of John Greenleaf Whittier's Birthplace, will present a painting and photography exhibit featuring the 326-year-old property of the famed writer and abolitionist now through April 5 in Northern EssexContinued ...
City weighs efforts to cut river pollution
HAVERHILL -- Two of the city's most expensive and environmentally sensitive projects will take the political spotlight this week. They affect taxpayers' wallets and the condition of the Merrimack River. Public Works officials will brief City CouncilContinued ...
- City loses another school principal
- Man charged with shooting person in head remains jailed
- Friday, March 7, 2014
- Legislature acts fast on prohibiting 'upskirting'
- Bank employee helps police uncover counterfeit check gang
- Council to question pot center president
- NECC art exhibit highlights Whittier's Birthplace
- Police bust drug operation in Haverhill apartment
- Thursday, March 6, 2014
- Advisers had pot license revoked
- This time, local author's voice up for award
- Local police, firefighters journey today as 'Tyler's Troops'
- Celebrating Women's History Month
- City man charged with assaulting pregnant niece
- Wednesday, March 5, 2014
- Cashing in to help students
- Council OKs plan to repair potholes
- Council looks for better way to clear snow
- Haverhill police log
- Goldman Scholarship application deadline extended
- Atkinson Postmaster dies in Qatar
- Refuge to host free bird photography presentation on Saturday
- Tuesday, March 4, 2014
- Meet the man who oversees 1,000 local homes
- Folk singer to perform at coffeehouse
- Haverhill police log
- Top cops OK drug testing
- Mayor seeks $148K for potholes, rail trail, lawyers
- Police: Robber gave cash to ex so she could pay rent
- Monday, March 3, 2014
- Cops nab alleged bank robber who parked getaway car behind police station
- N.H. man jailed for crime spree
- Answering a wake-up call