GROVELAND — Firefighters are battling a blaze at a home at 41 School St.
The fire broke out just before 3:30 p.m. Five trucks carrying crews of firefighters responded and were working to knock down flames coming from the top floor of the three-story building.
Heavy smoke could be seen from nearly a mile away.
It did not appear that anyone was in the building, which is at the corner of School and Gardner streets.
A man identifying himself as the owner was outside the house and told an Eagle-Tribune reporter that the blaze started as a grease fire when he was cooking.
Watch for updates on eagletribune.com. A complete report will appear in tomorrow's edition of The Eagle-Tribune.