More snow this week could set back power restoration
With 88 percent of the electrical power restored to homes and businesses in Massachusetts affected by last week's ice storm, National Grid officials were bracing last night for an onslaught of snow this week that could set back those efforts.Continued ...
Some NH emergency shelters do allow pets
KINGSTON — In a seeming departure from the usual policy, pet owners are being allowed to bring their pets to the emergency shelter at Sanborn Regional High School.Continued ...
The main shelter is operated by the Great Bay chapter of the American Red Cross. Its Web site says service animals, but not pets, are allowed in the shelter. A spokeswoman at the Red Cross referred questions about pets to the New Hampshire emergency operations center.
Haverhill couple survived carbon monoxide poisoning
HAVERHILL — Richard and Diane Desjardins are lucky to be alive and healthy today.Continued ...
Both suffered carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator Richard had hooked up to keep their sump pump running after power went out at their home during last week's ice storm.
- Some Southern NH towns still largely in the dark
- Southern NH towns start to emerge from storm conditions
- Some thieves take advantage of power outage in Southern New Hampshire
- Banding together in darkness
- Monday, December 15, 2008
- Still no heat, electricity for thousands in Southern NH
- Sunday, December 14, 2008
- Town-by-town storm updates
- Coping with the cold
- Out in the cold: Parts of NH could be without power for 2 weeks; Mass. starts to see the light
- Generators send more than 20 to the hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning
- Saturday, December 13, 2008
- Danville man dies, six others from Windham and Londonderry treated for carbon monoxide poisoning
- Without power and water, hotel rooms became homes for many
- A look at what happened in your town
- Friday, December 12, 2008
- STORM UPDATES -- Follow The Eagle-Tribune's live blog
- VIDEO: Methuen residents start cleanup
- NH man dies of CO poisoning
- Storm scenes from Southern New Hampshire
- Officials open shelters
- Ice Storm 08
- What's cancelled, what's not?
- A survival kit for power outages
- Some stores open, others closed in ice storm
- VIDEO: Ice storm fallout
- State of emergency declared
- Power could be out for days
- Haverhill opens shelter
- NH governor declares state of emergency
- More snow this week could set back power restoration