- Sunday, January 18, 2009
Obama's inauguration attracts unprecedented attention
At 93 years old, James Doherty has seen his share of presidents enter and exit the Oval Office.Continued ...
The former Andover town moderator said he can remember as far back as Franklin Roosevelt's victory in 1932; he was 17 then. But he's never been too impressed with the inaugurations themselves.
Obama online: Many expected to watch Tuesday's inauguration on the Web
When Alexander Heffner was a student at Phillips Academy in Andover, he cofounded Scoop08, an online student newspaper that contained student observations on the presidential race.Continued ...
Heffner, now a freshman at Harvard University, is part of an entire generation that has come to expect its political information dot-com style.
Historical highlights of inaugurals past
In 1801, President-elect Thomas Jefferson walked from Conrad & McMunn's boarding house to the still-unfinished Capitol to take the oath at noon, then strolled back in time for lunch with fellow boarders.Continued ...
- Presidents have spent 220 years creating own inaugural customs
- Inaugural moments seemed pedestrian at the time
- Inaugural addresses have history of eloquence, embarassment
- Saturday, January 17, 2009
- Comedians say a sad goodbye to Bush and his 'Bushisms'
- Inaugural history: The exuberant parade of 1905
- All Aboard: Obama's whistle stop tour has begun
- Friday, January 16, 2009
- Colin Powell's inauguration wardrobe will include North Andover's tie
- Locals on the inauguration: 'We're all a part of it'
- Eleanor Roosevelt and the weight of her world
- Historical snippets: From FDR's inauguration
- Obama-mania offers armloads of books for kids
- People plan to party hearty for inauguration
- Inauguration will be well watched in New Hampshire
- Thursday, January 15, 2009
- Cold War revisited: A story from JFK's inaugural
- Presidents and poison kisses: an inaugural story
- Inauguration security to be highest ever
- Local faces at inauguration
- Wednesday, January 14, 2009
- Disabilities become big challenge for inauguration
- Inaugural organizers plan for disabled people
- Inaugural eve concert to honor military families
- Obama releases list of inaugural bundlers
- Haverhill couple to share big day with Obama
- Local police to provide security at Obama's inauguration
- Tuesday, January 13, 2009
- They're heading to Washington