EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA

Breaking News

Latest News

December 22, 2013

Methuen fire displaces family of 3

METHUEN — A stove fire left a family of three temporarily homeless yesterday.

Around 1:30 p.m., a stove caught on fire in one of the units at a two-family home.

The Methuen Fire Department got to the scene at 176 Broadway quickly, and cleared the fire in 20 to 30 minutes, officials said.

The fire did extend into the walls before firefighters extinguished it. There were no injuries.

The Methuen Fire Department said the other unit remained fire-free, and that family would be able to return to their home last night. However, the family of three living in the unit where the fire started would not be able to get back into their home.

The American Red Cross assisted that family — two adults and a child — by giving them a temporary stay at a hotel and funds for food, according to American Red Cross Communications Manager Ashley Spudley.

Follow Sara Brown on Twitter @Sara_Brown_Trib. To comment on stories and see what others are saying, log on to eagletribune.com.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Latest News

AP Video
Joy Fills Streets of Cleveland As LeBron Returns Proposed Bill to Regulate NY Costumed Characters WH: LeBron's Move a 'Powerful Statement' Ana Ortiz on 'Devious Maids' Finale CDC Addresses Lab Safety Problems Texas Shooting Suspect Collapses in Court Death Toll Tops 100 As Israel Offense Continues LeBron James Says He's Returning to Cavaliers Man Flees Police in World Cup Scalping Scheme Robot Writes Jewish Torah Scroll Raw: Israel, Gaza Exchange Rocket Fire More Immigrants Detained Along Rio Grande World Cup Final Pits Argentina Against Germany Police: Prostitute Linked to 2nd Death Thousands Attend NYC Firefighter's Funeral Art of Haitian Machete Fighting Revived Raw: Australia Hosts Annual Beer Can Regatta Mass. Mayor: Families Lost Everything in Fire Fans Dying to Be Near Jazz Greats Robots Gearing Up for Their Own 'World Cup'
Photos of the Week