An 1899 Christmas story lives on
A "Dear Santa" letter that 8-year-old Harry J. Hyland wrote in his third grade class at the Wingate School in Haverhill 114 years ago is rekindling the spirit of Christmas for one family. Hyland died in 1963. The Wingate School, which once stood at tContinued ...
Students, teachers, parents can read all about their school in The Franklin Flyer
NORTH ANDOVER -- When Franklin School Principal Mary Lou McCarthy recently announced her retirement, three young journalists got right on the story. Deran Hazarvartian, Rachelle Zinland-Pukhovitsky and Genna Ferres, all fifth-graders, put their headsContinued ...
Police chief not just a one-state position
Police chiefs often consider retiring at an early age and going on to work in another state.Continued ...
- An Olympic effort
- Tax exemption, ambulance issues headed to Pelham voters
- Andover powers up solar initiative
- Methuen fire displaces family of 3
- Saturday, December 21, 2013
- Lawmakers want county to keep senior daycare
- After Target fallout, what is safer to use: credit or debit?
- Londonderry rep considers U.S. Senate run
- Windham has teacher contract deal
- Friday, December 20, 2013
- Reams remains suspended, as criminal probe continues
- Survey finds immigrants favor relief from deportation over path to citizenship
- RED ALERT
- Haverhill man indicted in assault case
- Andover settles toxic sludge case
- Attempted coffee shop robber spooked by arrival of customers
- Brackett takes over as chief in Atkinson
- Alleged dognappers charged with larceny
- Thursday, December 19, 2013
- Town Council grants exception for man to bury his son
- Ex-IT director gets year in prison
- Thousands due to lose federal unemployment benefits Dec. 28
- Boy, 10, still recovering from hit-and-run accident
- Highway crews get bad reviews after storm
- Atkinson will get new interim police chief
- Wednesday, December 18, 2013
- Snow grinds traffic to a halt -- except for ATV joy riders
- Breweries growing in New Hampshire
- Poker in the home: Soon could be legal in N.H.
- Steward Health Care workers reach deal
- Tuesday, December 17, 2013
- SNOW REPORT: Non-essential state workers sent home
- An 1899 Christmas story lives on