WINDHAM — The sprinkler system at the Common Man restaurant on Range Road knocked down a fire that started in the basement shortly after 11 this morning.
Windham fire Chief Tom MacPherson said the restaurant was filled with smoke when firefighters arrived in response to an alarm, but the sprinklers had done their job.
The one employee on the scene at the time was treated for smoke inhalation. The restaurant was closed.
Windham received mutual aid from Londonderry, Derry and Salem. Pelham and Hudson provided station coverage. Windham and Salem police were also at the scene.