EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA

April 8, 2013

Andover man held on $5M bail


The Eagle-Tribune

---- — ANDOVER - Jose Martinez, 52, of 123 Chestnut St., was ordered held on $5 million cash bail at his arraignment by Judge Mark Sullivan today in Lawrence District Court.

He is charged with trafficking over 200 grams of cocaine and two counts of possession of a firearm without an FID card.Essex Assistant District Attorney Kelleen Forlizzi said Martinez had been the target of a months-long investigation by State Police assigned to the Essex County District Attorney’s Office Drug Task Force. Prosecutors said that on April 5, 2013, Martinez was observed in a Tewksbury parking lot removing a suitcase and duffle bag from the trunk of a motor vehicle and placing it into the back of his 2006 Dodge Durango. Investigators initiated a traffic stop on Route 495 North in Andover and seized the bags which contained approximately 48 kilos of cocaine with an estimated street value of $3.6 million.Martinez is due in court on May 6, 2013 for a probable cause hearing.